The impossible we do at once ... Miracles take a little longer
GENERAL MOVING TIPS
- Make sure your cartons are packed tightly and securely sealed with tape.
- Write your surname on all cartons and number from 1 – 10 etc.
- Ensure all items to be dismantled are ready prior to the arrival of the furniture removalist.
- Check with the manufacturer of your ‘white goods’ i.e., fridge, washing machine, dryer etc, and be guided by their advice regarding securing bowls/motors etc.
- Remove hooks from fishing lines.
- Drain fuel and oil from lawn mowers, edger’s, Weedeaters etc.
- Thoroughly clean and dry inside of fridges, freezers and dishwashers.
- Dispose of all UN-sealed liquids.
- Dispose of all aerosol cans, flammable fluids, matches etc.
- Empty gas cylinders.
- Dismantle swing-sets, play-gyms, trampolines etc. (Put nuts and bolts in a safe place)
- Wash out rubbish bins and wheelbarrows.
- Drain garden hoses.
- Clean and spray dog kennels, empty and clean fish tanks, birdcages etc.
- Ensure all loose items are placed in bags or boxes.
- Empty and defrost fridge/freezer. It is advisable to do this 24 hours prior.
- Be on hand the day of removal or authorize someone to act on your behalf to answer any queries from the removalist.
- Have an advance plan for placement of your furniture.
- Agreed on any moving insurance?
- Notified you insurance company?
- Asked for final electrical account?
- Cancelled all rental agreements?
- Told your doctor you are going?
- Cancelled the telephone and arranged final account?
- Made/Confirmed arrangements for your pets?
- Cancelled subscriptions to magazines / arrange forwarding?
- Notified your children’s school?
- Confirmed removal date with chosen removalist?
- Prepared an inventory for yourself?
- Disposed of unwanted goods?
- Re-directed mail at the post office?
- Arrange for neighbours to leave adequate parking space for removal truck?
Make sure you gave the contractor the complete list of your goods?